News of The Day - 09.02.2015
For the past few months we have been working on making BE fundamentally different from conventional anti-cheat systems (including the old/current BE) that can only punish cheaters after their damage to other legitimate players has already been done, i.e. are based on detections of hacks and subsequent banning. With these new upcoming changes we are trying to move away from that and make BE a proactive anti-cheat system that is mainly based on protection instead […]
Keep your game clean
To get a better idea of what the BattlEye Anti-Cheat Engine stands for, here is a list of the core features of the engine:
- Fast dynamic and permanent scanning of the player’s system in user- and optionally kernel-mode using specific and heuristic/generic detection routines
- BE Client is using innovative, sophisticated detection routines, such as entirely dynamic on-the-fly scanning being controlled by the BE Master Server
- Secure global banning system that can be SteamID/account-based and hence provides the same or an even higher level of effectiveness as/than e.g. VAC bans
- BE Server is keeping full control over the game server, enforcing quick and constant responses from all BE Clients and instantly kicking violating players
- BE Server and BE Client are communicating via highly encrypted network packets
- Secure BE Master based auto-update system using one or more physical servers, working very reliably and bandwidth-friendly without disturbing the player
- BE also provides fully customized solutions as needed for every game it supports, e.g. a very effective script detection in the ArmA series
The BattlEye system consists of the BE Client and the BE Server that communicate with each other through the game’s netcode. In addition, there is the BE Master which is queried for new core software and cheat detection updates. The BE Client (as well as the BE Server) runs within the game, allowing best possible detection of cheats.
BattlEye scans the game and the system in RAM and on HDD, mainly using generic methods that globally catch all cheats/hacks of one type (including private ones as far as possible).
In order to work, BattlEye requires absolutely no user input or server-side administration – it comes as is and does its job independently. This also applies on the effective auto-update system which works reliably flawlessly and thus ensures that each player is always up-to-date.
Furthermore BattlEye has no special system requirements: Being very user-friendly, BE needs only little resources regarding CPU, RAM and network bandwidth. The player simply will not notice that BattlEye is running in the background.