When I was asked to install BE the first time I clicked “Do not ask me again.” How can I install BE now to be able to play on BE-protected servers?
There should be a file called “Install_BattlEye.bat” in the “BattlEye” folder of your game directory. Just double-click it to install BE.
I’m using the software XY while playing my game with BE enabled, is it allowed or can I get banned for it?
Generally we only ever ban for the use of actual cheats/hacks or components of such hacks which are designed to intentionally bypass BE’s protection. Otherwise you don’t need to worry about getting banned. For example, non-cheat overlays and visual enhancement tools like SweetFX are fully supported. We might decide to kick (not ban) you at some point for using a specific program (such as macro tools), but that won’t automatically flag you as a cheater.
My BE Launcher window shows “[INFO] Blocked loading of file: …” messages. What’s wrong?
If these messages don’t cause any issues with your game you can just ignore them (note that in-game kicks are not related to them). BE’s protection is quite strict, which might cause it to block certain files which are not essential for playing the game. In that case you don’t need to worry about any bad consequences such as getting banned.
NOTE: Recently we have been getting a lot of reports about a certain file in a user’s Temp directory having the name “p[number]am.sys” (e.g. “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\bk3729.tmp\p1481728805am.sys”) being blocked. This is likely caused by new/updated malware using a file which is blocked by BE. If you experience the same please be sure to install proper anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and scan your system to remove the malware. Additionally, a system reboot might be required after doing so.
Otherwise please check the following list of solutions:
- Make sure that BEService.exe in your BE Service directory (usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) is not blocked by your firewall in any way.
- Ensure that there is no d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll or dsound.dll file in your game directory. If there is one please remove/rename it.
- Ensure that you have a legitimate copy of Windows. Pirated copies might no longer be supported by the latest BE version.
- Check if your game directory’s file permissions are broken by doing the following: Right-click on your game directory (in Windows Explorer), select “Properties” and go to the “Security” tab. In the group/user list select the “SYSTEM” entry and check if it has full access. Otherwise click “Edit…” and grant the “SYSTEM” user full access.
- Your system’s root certificates might be broken/corrupted. To fix them download and install the following update from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2813430.
- Check your system files for corruptions and possibly repair them by following these guides: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821.
- Scan your system with up-to-date anti-virus and anti-malware software. Malware that modifies system or game files can cause such issues when BE is enabled.
- Googling the name of the blocked file can help find out what is actually behind it. Sometimes BE might block malware/adware/PUP files, which can cause problems such as being unable to find or connect to servers in-game. We recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for removing such software from your system.
- Ensure that you don’t use any tweaked/custom versions of system files (including DirectX). Reinstall DirectX, see the following page for details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113.
If you are sure that BE blocks legitimate files and that causes problems for your game (such as being unable to find servers) please contact us directly here.
When launching the game I get a “Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Windows Test-Signing Mode not supported.” error. How can I solve this?
Please disable test-signing mode by following this guide: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509241. Alternatively you can follow the manual instructions provided here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553484%28v=vs.85%29.aspx. If you are using hardware that requires driver signature enforcement to be disabled please check the vendor’s website for newer drivers. Unfortunately, due to our goal to provide the most effective protection possible we cannot support systems running in test-signing mode in any way. We ask for your understanding.
When launching the game and trying to install BE I get a “Failed to install BattlEye Service.” error. How can I solve this?
First of all, please ensure that you have all BE files required for installation in place in your game directory. Either verify your game files/cache on Steam or Uplay or completely reinstall the game. Secondly, please make sure that you run the initial installation from a administrative user account or a limited user account with UAC enabled. Otherwise BE won’t be able to request administrative privileges required to install the BE Service.
If none of this helps please also check the following FAQ entry.
When launching the game I get a “Failed to install BattlEye Service.” / “BattlEye Service installation failed.” / “Failed to start BattlEye Service.” / “BattlEye Service startup failed.” / “Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: …” error. How can I solve this?
This happens if something on your system prevents the installation/startup of the BE Service, which is required to play on BE-enabled servers. Please ensure that any security software (anti-virus, etc.) running on your system doesn’t block the BE Service (both BEService.exe/BEService_x64.exe in your game’s “BattlEye” directory as well as the entire BE Service directory, which is usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) in any way. You might have to add it to your security software’s exception list. If that doesn’t help or you don’t use any sort of security software there might be a permission issue with your BE Service directory or the files within it. To solve this delete the BE Service directory (usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye”) and then try to launch your game again. If you still get the same error at this point please try to manually set the BE Launcher in your game directory (usually the executable file with “_BE” at the end) to run with administrative privileges (normally this should happen automatically). To do so right-click on the BE Launcher executable, choose “Properties”, go to the “Compatibility” tab, check the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click OK to apply your changes.
If you still can’t get it to work some unknown software running on your system might be blocking BE somehow or certain parts of your operating system might be broken. If you cannot determine the cause we would suggest a repair reinstallation of Windows as a definite solution.
My BE Launcher is stuck at “Starting BattlEye Service…” stopping my game from launching. What’s wrong?
Something on your system prevents the BE Service from functioning properly. Please check the FAQ entry regarding BE Service installation/startup failures above for solutions.
When starting my game with BattlEye enabled, I get constant stuttering/freezing whenever I press mouse/keyboard buttons.
This is typically caused by malware/adware/PUP constantly reloading into your game. Please try to scan your entire system with anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove it.
I no longer want to have BattlEye on my system. How can I completely uninstall it?
Note that BE only installs into your system on Windows (as a system service), so you don’t need to uninstall it on any other OS. Also, BE is only ever active when you are playing a BE-protected game with BE enabled, any other time it will never run in any way. If you would still like to uninstall it, please go to the “BattlEye” folder in your game directory and check if there is a file called “Uninstall_BattlEye.bat”, which is present in many games. If it exists, simply run it to completely uninstall the BE Service. Otherwise or if you have already removed all game files from your system, you can start a command prompt as administator and simply enter “sc delete BEService” to do so. Note that some games automatically uninstall BE when they are being uninstalled as well.
I am getting kicked for the following violation(s). I don’t use hacks, so what can I do to resolve this?